Sunday, May 30, 2010

Another Review...

It's Lydia, and I have another review. As I said in my last post, I know that reviews are boring somethies, so I'm looking for ideas of things to post about OTHER than reviews! Thanks!

The Good Girl by Kerry Cohen Hoffmann (summary from inside flap of the book)
Ever since her brother Mark's accidental death, fifteen-year-old Lindsey has been the good girl--good daughterm good friend, good student. She puts everyone's needs before her own. Secretly though, she's frustrated by her family's silence about Mark; she wishes she had the never to tell off on of her so-called best friends, a queen bee who wants the new boy at school all to herself; and she longs to ditch obligations that prevent her from starring in the school musical. But instead of speaking her mind, Lindsey does somethine else. She starts to steal-and immediately wonders how good she really is.
The pressure to be what others expect fuels Lindsey's impulse to take things. Each time the risk becomes greater, and each time she thinks she'll be caught. Wants to be caught. And then, finally she is...

I've never read a book about a theif before, so I though t it would be a cool change of pace. And it was. At the beginning of the book, When Lindsay first steals, and he sister gets blamed for it, I thought that was going to contune for the whole book, and I'm glad that it didn't. If it did, I probably wouldn't have finished it. I also liked when she asked her principal about switching lockers, and what her excuse was. Then the chain of events that lead to the ultimate downfall at the end of the book.
The charachters didn't seem to mesh well with each other, some relationships to believable or unbelieveable to be real. And the cover didn't make much sense in relationship to the book. Overall, it was good, with a good plot, but some of the senerios didn't seem to make much sense..

toodles
~lydia~

No comments:

Post a Comment