Sunday, June 6, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

I've been really busy lately, like I just got back from an amazing retreat with my church, and I'm going to the beach with my brother and dad this week, and with Amy next week!! Then, I'm helping out at my church's VBS, then camp!!!! So, as you van see I'm really busy, and will not have that much time to post soon. So here is a review for now!

11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass (description from inside flap of book)
On their first birhtday, they learned to walk. On their fifth, they planted seeds in handmade pots. On their tenth, they learned there are some words you can never take back.
Amanda's eleventh birthday should have been a happy occasion. Instead she's dressed in an itchy cosutme he mother picked out for her Hollywood-themed party (Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, even though the flying monkey always creeped her out). Meanwhile. across town, her ex-best friend, Loe is celebratingtheir joint brithday with a huge bash including a hypnotist, a football star, a giant iguana and a rock band. SO not fair!
Amanda can't wait for the day AFTER her birthday so she can stop thinking about the fight that led her and Leo to have seperate parties for the first time in their lives. There's just one problem. The next day is her birthday all over again.

I LOVE this book! I've talked about it before, but never revied it. I love Wendy Mass, and love the charachters. They work well toghether and the writing is amazing. Wow, this review sucks. I'm sorry. I'm so tired. I have to go.
toodles
~lydia~

No comments:

Post a Comment