Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shameful....

Hey, it's Amy. I have finished three books and four comics, and I still haven't reviewd. You can see by the title how I feel. Anyway, here's the reviews:

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler- Lydia already told you what this is about, so I will just say what I think. AMAZING. I loved it. Great story, really awesome characters, just good!

Indiana Jones and the Pyramid of the Sorcerer by Ryder Windham- This book takes place after the original three movies. Indy is called by one of the men who asked him to find the Ark of the Covenant. He is asked to find the legendary Hall of Records, which is said to hold knowledge of everything in the past, present, and even the future. Indy is skeptical if the myth is true, but soon sets off to find it, before the Nazis.

I got this book in a cool box thing at my old school's book fair. It was called the Indiana Jones Action Pack. It came with this book, the second one, an Indiana Jones Handbook, and an awesome poster of Indy in front of a king cobra. The poster is hanging proudly on my wall. This book was really, really good. It wasn't as good as Twenty Boy Summer, but I enjoyed it. I could hear Harrison Ford's (who I have a huge crush on!) voice saying the lines. It even made me laugh at some lines. I love the movies, and it was good to have another adventure. The are sort of "kids books" I guess, but who cares?

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks-Ronnie does not want to see her dad. He practically left her family to be a concert pianist, and now her mom wants her to spend the entire summer with him? What could be worse? Many things. During this book there is tragedy, drama, and some humor.

This book was also really good. I was sort of disappointed because I loved Dear John so much, and this book wasn't as good. It was good, but not amazing. I want to see the movie, too!

Batman- I read a special edition Batman thing with four comic books inside it, plus a floor plan and blue print of Batman's new house (which was cool. There's a tree in the middle of it!) This was published in 1976.

In all the comics there's fighting, mystery, and great drawings. I want to be an artist, so I noticed that stuff. I really liked all of them, and I want more comic books!!

Bye, bye! And Lydia, it's your turn for the Weekly Bible Verse!

No comments:

Post a Comment