Friday, March 5, 2010

Amy is back!

Hey! As you can see I have returned to blogging! So sorry I haven't posted in a while! Lots going on with me, plus I book hop a lot. By that I mean I have about 8 books started right now. I do that quite a lot.

Anyway, I finally finished Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I can't tell you much besides that it's about a boy named Ethan who hates living in a small southern town, and this girl moves in and a bunch of weird, supernatural things happen. That's pretty much all I can tell you.

"EH MA GOODNESS"(talking like the girls from The Clique series). This book is so AMAZING!!! AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!! Is it legal to marry a book where I live? I even e-mailed the two authors (embarresing myself by asking a dumb question, too).

The reason it took me so long to read it was, I stopped near the beginning to reread Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (the third book). I wanted to read it before the fourth one came out, which I found out today doesn't come out till April. Ugh! I don't like waiting. I don't think it's fair that English people get it before us. I mean, I know Liz Kessler lives there, but still!

I'm just going to talk about all of the Emily Windsnap books.

The Tail of Emily Windsnap-It's about a girl named Emily Windsnap who lives on a boat with her mother. She's never been swimming, taken a bath (she did take showers though!), or done anything else to actually be in water. Until one day she convinces her mother to let her have swimming lessons at school. When she gets in, she's a natural swimmer, but in a few seconds, her legs begin to stick together and feel heavy and numb. Her teacher pulls her out and tells her it's just cramps. Well, it wasn't. She went swimming again and grew a tail. It turns out her father is a merman who has been kept in jail because it's illegal for a mer and a human to be together. Emily also makes a friend in this book: Shona.

Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep- Emily and her family and Shona's family move to All Points Island. Emily and Shona wake up the kraken, Neptune's killer pet.

Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist- Emily finds a diomand ring that is part of a curse involving Neptune.

I know the last two are a bit vague, but I didn't want to give away spoilers. So....Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment