Sunday, November 7, 2010

Top Five Songs of the Week

Hello. It is Lydia, and Amy and I have decided that, even though we review books. We are music junkies too. So, it seems fit that we review some music as well... And as you can see, we've changed out name! music, books, and other things we love! I'd love comments on the new name/direction we're going. But for now, I'm going to start us off with a Top 5 Songs of the Week. Later, this might become a meme, but we're just starting, so we'll see how it goes. Also, this is not gonna be sugary pop, it's gonna be real music. Our favorite songs this week.

5. "The Final Countdown" by Europe
Genre: Metal
Best line: "it's the final countdown!!!"
Ok. I first hear this on Metal Mania  on VH1 Classic, and fell in love. The guitar is epic, the words fit, the time is right (5:20), and the beat works so well. I love this song. And Europe.

4. "Playing God" by Paramore
Genre: Alternative
Best Line: "how could that be logical? just keep on cramming ideas down my throat!" OR "it's just my humble opinion, but it's one that i believe in"
I love Paramore, and this is one of my favorite songs by them, and kind of defines some stuff for me. Plus it had two best lines! Which rocks. Amy gave me their latest CD, Brand New Eyes this summer, and I love it. Guitars are played, drums are bashed, lyrics are yelled. That is Paramore.

3. "Love is Pain" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Genre: Rock
Best Line: "you listen true, i will make you black and blue!"
I love Joan Jett. She's awesome, and this is one of my favorite songs by her. One of the best female rockers of the 80's, and she's still with a band. Amy said that (i think on The Runaways movie comentary) that she says (about The Runaways breaking up) "We were coming of age. What were we running away from?" I love  that, but I love The Runaways.

2. "I'd Die For You" by Bon Jovi
Genre: Rock
Best Line: "in a world that don't know romeo and juliet!!"
Bon Jovi rocks. This is my favorite of their songs. And currently on my favorite show, this defines the relatonship between my two favorite charachters. (Degrassi, Eli and Clare. I love Eli....but I'm talking about music, not TV...ok Lydia, Eli can wait...) Plus look at that line! That is one of my favorite quotes ever!! It's epic. Go buy this song. Now.

1. "Misery Business" by Paramore
Genre: Alternative
Best Line: "i'm in the business of misery, let's take it from the top."
This is my #2 favorite song of all time. My number 1 is coming later in the future. I think I love this song so much because I can play it on guitar hero, and I like Paramore's early stuff All We Know Is Falling and Riot! are my two favorite of their (3) albums. The guitar is awesome, the drums are awesome, and Hayley's vocals are amazing! Thanks for this hit Paramore!

So, again, I want your comments on the new name!!
rock on!
~lydia~

No comments:

Post a Comment