Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart

It's Lydia, and I'm very happy right now, for 2 reasons, 1. I have another review! Yay!! And 2. We don't have school on Friday! I don't know or care why, but we're out and that is a GOOD thing! But I get my retainer tomorrow. So that puts a damper on this otherwise happy day! ok, on to the review!

The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart (Ruby Oliver, #1) summerization from back of the book.
Fifteen-year-old Ruby Oliver has had a rough ten days. In the past ten days she:
  • lost her boyfriend (#13 on the list)
  • lost her best friend (Kim)
  • lost all her other friends (Nora, Cricket)
  • did something suspicious with a boy (#10)
  • did something advanced with a boy (#15)
  • had an argument with a boy (#14)
  • had a panic attack (scary)
  • lost a lacrosse game (she's the goalie)
  • failed a math test (she'll make it up)
  • hurt Meghan's feelings (even though they aren't really friends)
  • became a social outcast (no one to sit with at lunch)
  • had graffiti written about her in the girls' bathroom (who knows what was in the boys'!?!)
But don'y worry-Ruby lives to tell the tale. And make more lists.

AH! This was THE cutest book!! I love Ruby Oliver! She's so funny, and extremely easy to relate to! I actually started The Boyfriend List a few weeks ago, and stopped (for some weird reason). Then today at school I had two tests, so I found it in my locker and brought it with me to class. I just finished reading it, and LOVED it! I love how Ruby put the footnotes at the end of each page to enlighten on her stories, and how the charachters related, even when they didn't get along. The senarios seemed so real that I lost myself in them. There were parts that I laughed, parts where I wanted to kill a charachter, and throughout the entire book, I was thinking to myself, "I know what that feels like! I'm there right now, or I've been there!" I can relate to Ruby so much and overall LOVED Ruby Oliver #1!

I just reread that, and think that it was a great review! I know that in my last post, I said that I was reading Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist but I left it at home today, so I finished this instead. Because I just finished The Boyfriend List I don't have anything to say that I'm currently reading!
toodles!
~lydia~
ps-toodles??? oh well, i'm weird..

No comments:

Post a Comment